Democrats may be facing a new dangerous threat in the upcoming 2018 Midterm elections, as Donald Trump Jr. is said to be looking to play a more significant role in “helping” GOP candidates win in November.
“A source close to Don Jr. said he believes his brand of “MAGA conservatism” — pro-gun, anti-media, anti-establishment — could make a difference in turning out the base in these states,” Axios reported.
That’s right folks — Trump Jr. is looking to impress daddy by going around the country and serving as Donald Trump’s biggest cheerleader. Of course, neither Donald understands that many if not most Republicans up for re-election would probably prefer to campaign with O.J. Simpson or Bill Cosby than to be associated with the Trump name. However, many experts believe that Republicans are stuck with their association with Trump whether they like it or not.
Via News Observer:
“While some Republican candidates in swing seats may benefit from creating distance from Mr. Trump, a strategic retreat will work only in rare instances. The myth that midterms are decided by swing voters ignores the prevailing reality that large midterm electoral shifts are driven by shifts in base motivation.
If you are a Republican on the ballot, you are in the same boat as Mr. Trump, whether you like it or not. If enough people jump ship, generic party identification will suffer, and everyone will sink. In other words, if enough Republicans run from their leader, the Republican brand will be so diminished as to produce historic defeats up and down the ballot.“
Republicans also face the fact that historically, the party that controls the Executive Branch usually faces losses during midterms. And according to Gallup, the average loss the governing party during midterms for Presidents below 50 percent approval ratings is 36 seats.
And let’s not forget the about Junior himself, who brings his own personal dump truck load of garbage to the table.
Here’s a quick list of some of the things Democrats will be eager to nail Trump Jr. with should he decided to jump into the fray in November.
- Trump Jr. once compared Syrian refugees to skittles. Back in September 2016, Trump Jr. once shared a meme of a bowl of skittles, which read: “If I had a bowl of skittles and I told you just three would kill you. Would you take a handful? That’s our Syrian refugee problem.” Junior caption the post, “This image says it all. Let’s end the politically correct agenda that doesn’t put America first.”
- There’s also Junior’s big game hunting trophy kill photos which feature the billionaire brat and his equally disgusting brother, Eric Trump, posing next to an array of dead and endangered species.
- Like his father, he’s also an accomplished cyber-bullying troll who loves to pick fights with anyone who dares criticize his daddy.
- Trump Jr. has also been linked to white nationalists.
- Trump Jr. could also be a person of interest in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.
There’s almost more ammunition to use against Trump Jr. than his dad, and now he wants to campaign for Republicans in November? We can’t wait.
Featured image via YouTube screen capture